Dear everyone,
I should say that we are in the last day of our Mission and it was well spent. The guys arrived yesterday around 5:00 PM. You just never know the flight schedules. We thought they will be here at 11:00 AM then it got moved later to 3:00PM, and finally they were able to catch the last trip. Good thing is, they made it back here safe and sound. They look like “castaways” with their beard all grown. We told them to stop at the Guest House to shower before coming here for dinner but that didn’t happen. They are after the food and boy they ate like they have not eaten in forever. I just sat there and watch the 4 of them ate and enjoy the much needed meal. So I thought to myself….this is what my mission was “to feed the hungry bellies after a long week of hard work” J. I know they get the much needed rest last night. We were at the guest house for a while, feed them ice cream and brownies which was also a special treat and watch “American Idol”. Yeah we can watch American Idol here you guys. They even passed up watching the Vols basketball, although they probably watched it after we left or maybe they just went straight to bed. Lance missed quite a blt of the fellowship there coz he spent almost an hour in the shower J, sorry MaryBeth for pickin on your husband.
Today, we are going to have a little fun together. We will go to Jayapura city, this is a bigger city here.We are going to see more pretty places, eat weird food or maybe American food, go see the beach and shop for a little bit. My little man “yeah but” is still sick so lexie is not gonna get to go with us. I hate that for her. I was hoping we can all go together but she is looking after us. She does not want us to get sick before we leave so I think that is the best way. We may also get to move in to the guest house and spend the night there tonight just so Lexie can put her house back together while her helper is still here coz she does not work during the weekend. That should also give Lexie and Porter the much needed time to chill out and talk after the kids are in bed. They can spend the weekend together without having to clean up after us tomorrow. I know they only have 2 weeks to pack and put everything together before moving in to the tribe. Time just flew and we didn’t realize it is time for us to head back that way. Although we are all excited to see our love ones, we are also sad about leaving because we know we are gonna miss this guys. However, we now know what specific things we can pray for them. I know I have learned a lot just being around missionaries preparing to live interior and what all they go through regarding preparations and all that. So much stressors involved.
I will try to again maybe tonight because if we stay at the Guest House tonight, we don’t have a computer there so I will not have a chance to wirte. If I don’t write back, then I guess you will just hear from us once we touch down in LA. For the wives, I think you may can get e-mails from your husbands when we get back from our trip later today so just hang in there. I know they all missed you guys and your kids. We all missed our loved ones and can’t wait to see you all. Keep praying for our safe triip and return. We love you all!
Love and prayers,
Marie (for the TEAM)
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Indo Update
Posted by Mary at 3:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment