CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 06, 2011

A week in the life of...

the Browns. I turned in my notice at work last Wednesday(effective the next day), b/c I felt like it was no longer a "good place to be." I have to say I felt very calm and at peace with the decision. I had discussed it with Jason several times, nothing concrete, and did not tell him or anyone else until I had resigned. I think the circumstances were God's way of saying "this isn't the plan I have for you." Even dealing with the legalities and lawsuits that are inevitably going to come up, I feel like it will be ok. That Wednesday night after quitting I decided to take the kids to the beach. I booked the hotel online, Jason couldn't go, so that left me taking our 3 kids plus Gracie alone. We went to Isle of Palms in South Carolina(just outside Charleston). It is probably my fav place, outside of our home. We were right on the beach. As soon as we arrived, we packed up and headed to the beach. It was beautiful. Jase and Gracie were so excited b/c they couldn't really remember coming before. The first night Jase lost a tooth. Well, I had to pull it, cause it was hanging and Tyra wouldn't do it. It was disgusting and I almost threw-up. We added 2 new members to the family, Lovey and Hermie, who came shelled as a shark and a butterfly. Wonder how long they will make it? Sometimes I do feel guilty that anything we obtain is destined to "walk the green mile". lol. We spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday at the beach. Like the good mom I am, I applied sunscreen before we went out, then promptly forgot to re-apply, and 4 out of the 5 of us are paying for it. The children are lobster-ish.Woke up early today to see the sunrise, however, the kids were too cold so we didn't actually make it till sunrise. Loaded in the car and headed home. I had purchased tickets to the Sugarland concert months ago for me and the girls, and I must say it was an awesome show, and we came out a little hoarse. We are going horse-back riding tomorrow with our BFF Brea, not sure how that will turn out, but praying nothing is broken. Biggest dilemma is Jase and Haylee cannot find boots to wear.

0 comments: