Mary,
Just so you know Jason tried calling before he left (8pm your time), but there was no answer. I will tell Porter tomorrow night on the SAT-phone to tell Jason it went well.
Praying for you as Jason is away! I KNOW what it’s like so know I am praying specifically… especially as you await test results and are concerned for Jase.
They all seemed to be doing VERY good when they arrived. The guys ate lots before they left so hopefully it got them through the day. Porter called to let us know they made it in. It was 6:30pm and they were already headed to bed!Tired boys.
I will email hopefully everyday with an update so you gals can know what is going on. (we will hear from the guys via SAT phone or radio everyday as they have to “check in.” It will either be me or one of the other two missionary wives here that will receive the “check-in” so I will relay any news that we get.
Today they left here about 1pm (you should have seen the four of them squished into that little plane with all of the supplies! J I think Marie took some pictures. They got into the tribe, set up camp, went to the river to cool off a bit, went back to camp for supper and hit the sack. Praying they will sleep good tonight… guessing they will as they haven’t really slept much since they left Maryville. (I think some of them did get some sleep in Jakarta).
So, that is the “update” for today. Just wanted to let you know especially that Jason tried to call you.
I cannot tell you how GOOD it is too see these 6! Just sitting here this afternoon talking to the gals and hearing about “home” encourages my heart! It was so neat to hear how God orchestrated everything to get them here! Already their trip has been a “success” in that they have brightened my day! It is so neat to see their excitement and JOY! Thanks for sharing them!
I’m counting on you and the kids coming next time… Jason said on the way to the airport that he’s got to bring you guys over here! Yeah!
Well, I would say they are all doing ok. Your Mom and Marie laid down this afternoon and have been sleeping ever since… hopefully they can sleep all night too!Rita decided to try to stay up til bed time… she did it so she should sleep hard tonight!
I need to git here… MY bed is calling and there’s a mosquito buzzing my arms!
Love,
Lexie
P.S. I CANNOT believe the pictures!!!! The kids have grown SO much… still adorable as ever!!!! We were seeing them from both your Mom and Jason… they both miss you guys already I think!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
2nd post from Indonesia
Posted by Mary at 1:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment