Most of you probably saw the car accident on Tuesday that killed the two teenage boys. Well, it happened right at the end of my street. Me and Haylee came out right after it happened. We were trying to get out to go get Jase at Mom's Day Out and the road was blocked. The accident was just amazing. It was unbelievable how mangled the car was. As we sat there waiting for the tow truck to come move the car we were told that the driver was deceased and still trapped in the car. we were then told that the passenger had been removed but had died soon after. I sat there just feeling like it wasn't really happening. At the time I didn't know who they were or their age but I just prayed that they knew the Lord and were standing in his presence and that their families would come to know the Lord or be brought closer to Him. I later learned that the driver was my nephew Jordan's best friend in middle school. They weren't as close now but it was very devastating for Jordan and Kristin b/c Steven had spent a lot of time with them only a few short years ago. I can't imagine how painful this must be for the families especially with Christmas being so close. The pole at the end of the street has become a shrine for all the friends and families. There are notes and flowers everywhere. I know how important this is to them, but at times it makes it very difficult every time I pull out to see it all. As we all know God will be glorified even through this tragedy and we may never know how. I have used this as a teaching tool with my girls just to remind them how important it is to follow the rules(even in driving),that the consequences can be deadly when you don't and they effect more than just yourself. I hope everyone will keep these families and friends who are so devastated in their prayers. I wanted to share something I thought was a real testament to me. There were alot of policemen and firemen on the scene. After the car was taken away and everything was cleaned up a group of about 6 of them stood in the middle of the road, held hands, and prayed. I was very impressed and I immediately thought of the verse "Where two or more are gathered in my name there I shall be also." What a great testament to all who were witnessing this that they took the time to acknowledge the Lord. I know it is something that I will never forget.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment