




Vacation was a blast. We went to Destin last Saturday and it took us about 9 hours to get there. We stayed at the Amalfi Coast resort which is condos. It was awesome. The view was great. We only had to walk about 100 yards to reach the beach. It was beautiful. The water was so blue (and a little cold). The weather was great all week (in the 80's). We ate like pigs-love the seafood. This was our first vacation since 2004 when we went to Disney. Haylee couldn't remember the beach since the last time we went she was 21 months old. She loved it. she got in the water and drank alot of salt water(imagine that-Haylee with her mouth open). Tyra always turns into a fish when water is near. She wanted to be there at 6am and leave at dark-prime shark feeding times. We got her a net and she caught a couple small crabs and a med. size jelly fish. We saw a dolphin(at least that is what we are choosing to believe it was) on Thursday. We originally weren't coming back until today but it was only going to be 68 degrees on yesterday so we left Destin about noon and we stopped in Gadsden Alabama and visited Jason's grandma(Jeff's mom). We hadn't seen her since October of 04. I was ten weeks pregnant with Jase then, so she hadn't even seen him. She has Parkinson's so she has lost alot of weight and she looked very frail from the last time we had seen her. It was a great visit. We will get to see her at Amy's wedding in Jan. if she feels well enough. anyway, back to the beach, my little sister Amelia went and my nephew Jordan. He was so good with the kids and I am glad he got to come. However, he dropped his cell phone in the ocean (while chasing a girl)-sorry Kristin! but that was the only casualty. I think Amelia had fun but she required a fruity drink on the last night to get her through. She may have regretted coming with three kids after all.It was great fun and we are sorry it is over but I want to say a huge THANK YOU to my mom. When we arrived home last night about midnight thirty-we walked in to a clean house. I mean really clean. She cleaned all the bedrooms, closets, mopped floors, dusted(even the ceiling fans). She did laundry. Her and dad planted a flower in my yard. She said she would have cleaned the refrigerator but we came home a day early. So to my mom-I love you dearly. You are the greatest giver I know. You are my best friend and helper. You are a great mother and grandmother. I couldn't have asked God for a more perfect mother. I LOVE You!!! In honor of you-me and Haylee cleaned the refrigerator tonight-so I hope you are proud.
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Posted by Mary at 7:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment