CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Downsizing...Really? We think.

SO we are seriously thinking about selling our home and buying some land and a trailer or small house or tent(JK-I don't do nature) Seriously?? I know, it seems crazy. We may be crazy. We just keep thinking that we need to de-clutter our lives. We don't want to work just to pay bills. We want our kids to have more room outside and feel less like people are breathing their air. We can't take it with us, so why try to store it up. We will live with less but spend more on mission trips, traveling, friends, family, and whatever else that mean more than stuff. We are just in the beginning of this phase, like 1%, but we are already feeling more at peace with it every day. Not saying there won't be times where I hyperventilate and curl up in the fetal position, but we are young, and there's no better time than today. Who knows what the future holds. I do know that our faith commands us to not be beholden to things of the world. We are far from perfect, and struggle with this daily, but finally we are going to walk in faith and weather the trials and triumphs one day at a time. I must say that Jason is so excited (we just started talking about this yesterday), that a couple of the land listings I found at work, he went out to see last night. Hopefully by doing this I can continue my education without working or working part-time. Let's just say we aren't jumping into anything without prayerfully considering it and making sure we are doing what is best for our family and what we feel that the Lord is leading us to do. We'll keep you posted on the progress. The good, the bad, and the ugly. :)

0 comments: