CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update

Hi everyone,
Hope all of you are doing fine. The guys get to rest from building yesterday(Sunday). They decided to go on a hiking trip to see the village and the tribe people. Porter did not get to tell us much more because his SAT phone ran out of battery and they brought the wrong charger up there so he is going to use the radio when he call again tonight. He did tell us though about Lance’s little experience. Porter said that during their 1 ½ hour hike to the village, before they can even get there, Lance decided he’s not gonna make it there so he decided to stop and just sit. Porter decided to stay with him while Jason and Darren went on and found out that they were just stone throw away from the village. They came back to tell Lance that they are that close. Well, that did not help him much and said he just can’t move they have to go on. So, they guys took turn staying with him as they were also taking turns seeing the village people and eat there. Good thing is that he managed to hike back down without any problems and he is fine. He said that he is getting kinda off balance when he walks and that his hiking boots are giving him problems so he just quit. His legs just stop functioning I guess. That’s Lance’s little story. I’m sure those of you who experienced hiking for hours can relate to that story so it is not a laughing matter. Mary Beth Porter said for you not to worry about him because he is doing just fine.

Today, they will get back to work and get some more things done for they only have 3 full days of work up there. They should be back with us after lunch on Thursday. Continue to pray that Lexie can get a ride up there Thursday morning so she can see a little bit of her house and the place they are moving in to. She is getting excited.

We just took it easy yesterday as well. Well maybe not too too easy because we were all psyched up about the game. We get to listen to it on the computer loud and clear. Our hearts are beating as fast as it can getting mad at the referees for bad calls and stuff. I was doing my cheerleading flips on my pajamas, lol. It’s great to be in a big orange country right. I guess Knoxville has been painted orange while Memphis is feeling BLUE HU HU! We are not telling the guys about the game until they watch it when they get back. Lexie’s friend taped the delayed telecast last night and is gonna give it to us today. We will watch the game with the guys and not tell them the result. Lexie’s already told Porter last night we have a surprise for them when they get back. Hope we will not give it away by our actions.

Yesterday afternoon, one hour before we leave, I had a migraine attack. I prayed that it would not be the worse one coz I don’t want to miss the fellowship we are going to. After I rested for about 45 minutes I feel a little better and so I decided to go which I was glad I did. We had a great fellowship through singing and hearing the Word of God. I get to play the guitar and lead the music. That was a treat. The guy who leads just asked if I know how to play and that if I can lead the singing. Of course I won’t turn it down. We had sharing time and we get to hear from them, what they are going through and personal concerns they have. We all get to pray for each of them and the other missionaries in the group. It turned out to be a great day and my headache went away. PTL!

Sun is up today so we will finish what we started at the Guest house. Hopefully we can get it finish today. You all have a great day and I will talk to you again tomorrow.

Love & prayers,
Marie (for the Team)

0 comments: