CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's the FLU!


Well we have the flu in the Brown house. Haylee came down with a high fever Monday night(1/15) and by the next morning the fever was higher(103) and she was wheezing and sounded really bad. I took her to the doctor and he thought that she just had croup but that didn't really explain the fever. So we were about to leave and he decided to run a flu test he said, "I don't think she has it but I just want to be safe." He came back in about 10 minutes and said she had the flu. She was upset b/c she had the flu shot and she got it anyway. We had to borrow a breathing treatment machine(sorry I can't think of the real name at this time) and she had to do breathing treatments twice a day which she loved to do. She called it "smoking her pipe."Anyway I came down with what I thought might be the flu. I had a fever but no other symptoms until yesterday then the runny/stopped up nose began,the headache,the chills and body aches but no fever now. So who knows. We think haylee got sick from school since 2 of her friends also had the flu last week. So far Jase hasn't got it-we sent Tyra to my mom's after we found out until Saturday so that she wouldn't get it. Jason's mom thinks that Haylee got the bird flu from the Parakeets. However the Parakeets look and act like they feel great. So we carry on in the House of Death. I have scoured every surface with Clorox wipes and Clorox anywhere spray however the fumes from all that stuff may have compromised my immune system.I hope and pray that we didn't infect any of our family and friends since Haylee spent time with them before being diagnosed. The pic is Haylee "smoking her pipe."

0 comments: